Attention advertisers! Amazon launches Marketing Stream in its beta phase
- This product sends metrics and information about Amazon Ads campaigns almost in real time
- Advertisers will now be able to see how shopper behaviour varies throughout the day and then act accordingly
When planning a marketing campaign, it’s essential to understand the consumer’s consumption habits in order to focus on those times and improve the campaign’s performance.
Today, it’s no longer enough to launch seasonal campaigns, as the pace of people’s lives and the ease of access to marketplaces mean that people can shop at any time of the day without having to go to a physical shop. As a result, many companies require accurate and detailed information about how users behave in order to redirect their marketing plans.
To meet many brands’ needs, Amazon has launched Marketing Stream, a tool that provides hourly updated campaign reports.
Why is Amazon Marketing Stream a revolution?
As mentioned above, this product shows ad performance at a much lower frequency than what Amazon Ads API allowed. Until now, access to reports was limited to extraction calls where daily performance was provided. But if a user wanted to get more information on how a certain campaign was performing throughout the day, he or she had to make an extra manual call.
The problem was that Amazon Ads API itself limited the number of calls that could be made and also meant that new information had to be compared with existing information to identify changes. From now on, all this is over and users can now obtain accurate and up-to-date information on a near-constant basis.
What are the benefits of this new product?
With Amazon Marketing Stream, companies have more resources at their fingertips. We’ll explain them to you here:
- Optimise campaigns more effectively: by providing hourly metrics, they can act upon new actions to get more out of their allocated budget. For example, increase bid amounts at those times of the day when the conversion rate is at its highest. Also new combinations can be made, e.g. between targeting and placement to optimise keywords as well.
- Respond quickly to campaign changes: thanks to real-time information, users will be able to schedule actions to further optimise campaigns, such as one to increase the budget before it runs out.
- Increase operational efficiency: By obtaining real-time and push data, including changes in performance metrics, the limitations of Amazon Ads API are removed. This allows complex technical operations to be simplified, saving companies time and money.
Amazon Marketing Stream is constantly evolving
This product is the result of Amazon’s listening process to its customers, whether they are sellers, agencies, service providers or advertisers.
As such, this function is currently in its beta phase, and there is every indication that more functions will be implemented to bring value to businesses operating on the platform. In Amazon’s own words, “we hope to learn from our customers and continue to evolve the product”.
This service is not yet available in Spain and can only be accessed from shops in North America, but as it becomes more established it will be extended to the