How to get Amazon campaigns to work correctly
- Amazon Advertising is a pay-per-click advertising system where sellers can advertise their products in a variety of ways on the world’s largest marketplace .
- The benefits of running campaigns on Amazon include increased visibility and better positioning of our products and our brand.
Types of advertisements in Amazon’s advertising campaigns
The first thing you should check before launching an Amazon Advertising campaign is the product listing:
- Are the titles well formulated and do they give all the readable information about your product?
- Do you have representative product images and infographics with product highlights?
- Do your bullet points clearly describe the benefits of the product?
- Do you have an A+ page with comprehensive product information?
- Do you have reviews and are they high scoring?
- Have you checked your backend keywords?
- Is the price competitive?
- Do you have enough stock for the demand of orders?
If you have answered yes to all these questions you are ready to launch your product on Amazon Advertising.
In the next step you should perform a complete keyword research of your product, analyse trends, direct competitors, long tails of your product, search volumes and the difficulty of those keywords. Also, measure the budget you have to launch your campaigns and the types of campaigns you are going to run.
Why do advertising campaigns not work?
Sometimes, we may have a campaign in place that has been running for several months and giving good results, but at a certain point, it stops working, the ACOS skyrockets, the products are not sold and we start to overspend. If you want to learn more in detail about the different types of KPIs used to measure the effectiveness of Amazon advertising campaigns visit our Amazon University section.
Although we may have a perfect detail page, with all the data the customer needs to be able to decide to buy without having any doubts about the product, the quality of the product may not be what the customer expects. This can lead to an increase in negative reviews, a key factor when shopping on Amazon.
Another big mistake at Amazon Advertising is the lack of a clear, long-term strategy. As with any strategy, you must sow and then reap. Short-term thinking and measuring is one of the biggest mistakes most Amazon sellers make. Apart from Sponsored and Display campaigns we also have the possibility to run remarketing campaigns. This type of campaign allows for more effective targeting, as it will only impact those people who have shown interest in a specific category or product type.
Nozama can help you create and optimise your Amazon Advertising campaigns to improve your sales.